GIRLS ADVISORY BOARD
GAB provides high-school girls living in Chester County with the opportunity to learn about the deep and varied needs in their communities while engaging in strategic grant-making. Through GAB, CCFWG aims to educate a new generation of young women about the importance of philanthropy, community service, and the positive difference each girl can make on the lives of others.
The Girls Advisory Board:
- Is responsible for over 70 grants, totaling close to $224,000 awarded to area nonprofits serving girls in Chester County!
- Was the co-host of the first national Girls Grant-making Conference in which more than thirty high-school girls from across the country, including our own GAB girls, taught us and each other how they identify and implement change through grant-making in their communities.
- Brings together girls from 27 different public, private and parochial schools. Nearly every high school in Chester County has been represented on GAB since the program’s inception.
- Was awarded the 2007 “Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy” Award by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Philadelphia Chapter.
- GAB is part of the Girls Grant-making Network, an international network of women’s funds with girls’ grant-making programs. Within this network, GAB members serve as advisers to similar programs around the world.
The 2016 GAB grant recipients are:
- Bridge of Hope $5,000 Supportive Services for Homeless Women and Children to help end homelessness and poverty for single mothers and their children
- Chester County OIC $3,500 Certified Nurse Assistants Program to prepare students for immediate employment in healthcare
- Crime Victims Center $1,500 Supportive Services for Female Sexual Assault/Abuse Victims
- Mom’s House $5,000 Free childcare for low-income single parents who are full-time students
- Wings for Success $5,000 Clothing and Workshop Program